We all use it. We all need it! But what we don't need is to be using a deodorant with potentially harmful ingredients.
Our lymph nodes in the armpits help to fight off infections and injuries in our arms and hands. We don't want to hinder those powerhouse glands with ingredients found in common deodorants.
Aluminum is one ingredient that is drawn to the brain. High levels of aluminum found in the brain of the elderly is a leading cause of Alzheimer's being stimulated. Something we are seeing in younger, middle aged people now. Yikes!
Deodorant needs to be the first thing that goes in your toxic skin care routine. An armpit detox is great to do before switching to a homemade recipe. Benefits of throwing the Secret deo in the garbage? Sweat less, smell better, no swollen glands, no heavy metals in your body to process.
Harmful Ingredients in Deodorant:
* Aluminum chloride-a known irritant that helps reduce perspiration, but also removes color from clothing and degrades fabric
* Propylene glycol-used to degrease engines and other industrial products.
* Triclosan-a known irritant made from petroleum. It’s a synthetic antibacterial agent.
* Aluminum zirconium tetrachlorhydrex-GLY-plugs the pores and stains fabric when mixed with sweat (It’s what leaves that yellow-ish tinge on your white shirts)
* Stearyl alcohol-slows the evaporation rate of water (sweat)
Deodorant needs to be the first thing that goes in your toxic skin care routine. An armpit detox is great to do before switching to Young Living's deodorant or a DIY one with your essential oils. Benefits of throwing the Secret deo in the garbage? Sweat less, smell better, no swollen glands, no heavy metals in your body to process.
1 tbs bentonite clay
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1-2 tsp distilled water
Mix and apply to pits 5-20 minutes.
*Young Living essential oils are always my preferred choice. If you are a current member, go ahead and add these favorites from the recipe to your next order! Start as a new member today, and I will send you a full DIY recipe book plus some other goodies!